Penn Forest Recreational Park
The Penn Forest Recreational Park provides the community with many opportunities for groups and individuals to participate in physical activity, for families and the community to gather and socialize, or for some just a simple respite. Penn Forest Recreational Park is both a sports center and a recreational area for area residents. The Park Advisory Board sponsors a variety of activities including youth soccer, Little League, Babe Ruth, and Connie Mack baseball as well as other activities.
Meetings of the Park Advisory Board are held on the THIRD Wednesday of the month beginning at 6:00 pm. The meetings are public and those with park-related concerns are encouraged to attend.
Hours of Operation – Weather permitting, the Park is open from Sunrise until Sunset. Organized sports activities may be scheduled from 8:00 am until dusk every day except Sundays. The Park Board discourages competitions, games, and tournaments on Sundays and encourages family-oriented activities.
Facility Scheduling is accomplished by first submitting a Scheduling Request to the Board via hard copy delivered to the Township Office or electronically by email. The Board will review the request and contact the sponsor of the activity to coordinate the formalization of the request. A Scheduling Request Form is located in the above Documents Tab.
An annual master scheduling event is conducted on the first Saturday of December for the upcoming year. League and association representatives are encouraged to come as this event locks in major venues in the Park for dedicated league practice and play.
Please visit our Facebook page for up-to-date news and event information.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions; please contact us at email@example.com
Wish List and Donation Opportunities
None at this time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Are Dogs permitted in the Park? Yes, but they must remain on a leash not more than 6′ in length. Owners are responsible to clean up after their pets.
- Are the athletic fields, basketball, and tennis courts open to the public? Yes, but scheduled activities such as baseball and soccer games take priority.
- How does someone reserve a court, field, or pavilion?
- If you represent a league, you must attend the annual master scheduling conference held on the first Saturday of December in order to coordinate your activity, In addition, a formal application must be submitted with proof of insurance within 60 days of the start of the athletic season.
- If you wish to reserve a court, field, or pavilion for a single use, you must submit to the Park Advisory Board a single-use application form in the link below.
- All other use is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Do Penn Forest Township residents have priority of use over non-township residents? Yes.
- May anyone attend the Park Advisory Board meetings? All meetings are open to the public with a period of public comment scheduled on the agenda.
- Is there a single point of contact for information about the park? Not at this point. The Township web page and the Park’s FaceBook page provide general information. Specific questions may be emailed to the Park Advisory Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can someone get involved with the Park’s development? Yes.
- What is the plan to further develop the Park? The Park Advisory Board is responsible for putting together and recommending a development plan to the Township Board of Supervisors.
- Could a group sponsor a tournament? Yes, with the approval of the Park Advisory Board and the Board of Supervisors.
- Where can I find a listing of Park Rules? Park Rules are listed at several places on the fence separating the playing fields and the parking lot. In addition, copies will be placed on the Park Information Kiosk being built as an Eagle Scout Project.
Park & Recreation Committee Members
Todd Fox, Chairman
(4 Years) 2018-2022
Robin McGeehan, Vice-Chair
(3 Years ) 2021-2024
(2 Years) 2020-2022