Please follow the process below to properly register your property as a Short-Term Rental:
- Please take a moment to review the Ordinances provided below.
- Complete and submit your annual “Short-Term Rental License Registration” with the required documentation. The annual license registration application and payment can only be submitted through the website. The website link is provided below and the platform will instruct you through the application process. Payment is the last step in this process, so you have the opportunity to test the platform prior to officially submitting your online application and payment. The Zoning Office will review the submitted registration documentation and contact you if additional/missing information needed for approval. Once approved, you will receive an automated email from Host Compliance stating your STR Registration #. License registrations are valid for 1 year from the date of license approval.
- Complete and submit the “Zoning Permit Application for Short-Term Rental” to the Penn Forest Township Municipal Building. The application fee is $50.00, payable to Penn Forest Township (check or cash only). The zoning permit is only required once for new registrations and WILL NOT be required for registration renewals. Final zoning permit approval cannot be granted until the STR License Registration has been approved.
- Be advised, approval by a HOA/POA is the responsibility of the property owner/permit holder. Our office can only review applications as they pertain to Penn Forest Township Ordinances.
- If you have additional questions, please contact the Zoning Office on Wednesdays and Fridays, 1pm – 4pm at 570-325-2760.
Short Term License Registration ( Must be completed annually)
The Short Term Rental License fee is $250.00 ( Payable online)
The 24/7 complaint line is also live at 1-570-260-9700 and https://secure.hostcompliance.com/complaints
Zoning Permit Application for Short Term Rental ( Must be completed with initial registration)
Penn Forest Township’s Short Term Rental Zoning Application is $50.00. (Payment must be cash or check by mail or at the township office)
Ordinances & Resolutions